Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Friends of Hagerman select October Photographer of the Month


Friends of Hagerman selects Photographer of the Month
Posted by Friends of Hagerman

Hagerman is an excellent place for photography; the scenery is beautiful

Pintail Takeoff By Brian Kaylor
Pintail Takeoff By Brian Kaylor
and there are always interesting subjects close at hand. During my first visit I saw the endless Snow Geese and was impressed with the variety of wildlife and the coexistence of oil pumpjacks and nature.

Brian C Kaylor of Trophy Club has been selected the October Photographer of the Month by the Friends of Hagerman.

I enjoy exploring different photographic techniques. Astrophotography, landscape, nature, and portraiture each present different challenges and the skills I learn in one type often compliment another. I first picked up my father’s SLR camera for high school yearbook, and I learned to shoot and develop black and white film in a traditional darkroom. That foundation continues to help me as I shoot with digital.

My photographs at Hagerman were taken with either a Canon T2i or 6D body and the 100-400mm L lns. Post-processing was done in Photoshop CS5.

I attended the University of North Texas and received a BA in Music in 2006, and returned to UNT to complete a BS in Mechanical and Energy Engineering in 2010. The running joke is that my engineering degree financially supports my music degree.

I work at Circuit Breaker Sales in Gainesville as an engineer where I design and trouble-shoot industrial electrical equipment. CBS is a company where the engineers aren’t just guys at a computer; we get our hands dirty and help build our designs.

I am a member of the Fort Worth Astronomical Society and recently presented a lecture, Astrophotography 101, at one of the meetings. Astrophotography is extremely demanding, but capturing an image of a distant nebula or the rings of Saturn is a profound experience.

The Lake Texoma area has an abundance of native wildlife and birding is a very popular activity.  Hagerman NWR is one of the best places to photograph and observe nature.  For more information about the Lake Texoma area visit www.texomaconnect.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment